Together In the organization Girls In Tech, the Protected Data Foundation made in ColungaHUB the launching of its study, made to 385 children between 9 and 13 years, oriented to publicize their behaviors and perceptions about privacy of personal data and risks in the use of internet and social networks.
"Most children believe that the data they upload to the internet can be deleted," he says. Jessica Matus, president of ONG Protected Data, when exposing the main results of the study "How much and what information reveal the children in Internet?".
The study, carried out on 385 boys and girls between 9 and 13 years old from the regions of Antofagasta, Valparaíso, Metropolitana, Biobío and Araucanía, was commented by Patricia Peña, Board member of Girls in Tech; Jessica Matus and Danic Maldonado, Cybercrime Commissioner of the Investigative Police.
"From a social perspective, this opens a panorama that has to do with how from the adult world we think the rights of children in this digital age. We are in a generation of children and adolescents in which the flow between the offline and online world has no difference, lives in both worlds, what happens in social networks, on the Internet, is what happens to them in life real and that is very important to bear in mind when reading the answers of this study ", highlights Patricia Peña.
"For us to do this study allowed us to make a diagnosis, because we had no idea what was happening with children in Chile, we believe that this input is very important because it will allow us to continue projects in relation to this," concludes Jessica Matus.
Based on this study, the NGO Datos Digitales developed 7 recommendations for Chilean society:
1) Install the validation of a personal data concept linked not only to purely identifying information.
2) Validate the consent of minors.
3) Raise awareness about the existence of the fingerprint.
4) Recognize the need for a right to be forgotten in children.
5) Parents and teachers play a promoter role and not a repressor.
6) Importance of anonymity in the network from a positive point of view.
7) Incorporate the protection of minors data in the draft Law on Protection of Personal Data, which is being processed now, and in the Child Rights Guarantee that is also in process.
Espacio Público expone resultados sobre las expectativas de la ciudadanía de cara al proceso constituyente en espacio abierto por Colunga
Fondo de Respuesta Comunitaria recibe reconocimiento en cumbre latinoamericana sobre resiliencia y sostenibilidad
Inédito estudio evidencia la compleja realidad post penitenciaria en mujeres